Today we went on an all day picnic with the international fellowship group. After worshiping and sharing a meal together, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and being out-of-doors. Without anyone around to watch us, we were free to run and jump and laugh out loud.
Playing volleyball (and we played some football too):
Zander playing with friends
Henry fell asleep on my shoulder, but I forgot to get a picture :(
I stayed until the last group left, sitting on the grass, marveling at the view and meditating on Psalm 30 and Psalm 33. "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth."
"Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life..."
I am thankful to know that in the Lord's favor we are promised life. Our favor with Him is secured because the only Son willingly came to suffer and die, bearing the wrath of God for sin. And because He was raised from the dead and now lives, we also have life through Him. "...Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
As I got to our apartment, one of the little neighbor boys followed me in. He waited until I was on the staircase and just out of sight to shout, "I love you." It is probably one of the few English sentences he knows ... Later, when I went to the corner store to get a phone card, the boys were playing a game of soccer out in the gravel parking lot. The soccer ball was rolling in my direction, so I kicked it back out to them. They gave up a cheer and started shouting, "Messi! Messi!" (who is the beloved Barcelona soccer hero among all of the boys here). That brought a smile to my face.
Sunday, March 31st:
No school today, so this morning Hannah and I went over to John and Mary's for waffles. Afterwards I read, then took some time to switch out my winter clothes for summer clothes. At 3, I went over to H's house and we had a good visit together. I left at 5 to Skype with my family (but forgot that they were up in Portland visiting Hannah and John). I was able to chat with friends though and that was encouraging. Around 6:30, I headed across the hall to watch Henry so John and Mary could go out for John's birthday. Henry and I played together, then I put him to bed. He was a little confused why I was the one tucking him in, but eventually he fell asleep. Hannah came over and brought me some homemade curry chicken and rice. It was the best curry I've had in a really long time! She also brought me some homemade chocolate chip cookies ... I felt very spoiled! We sat and talked until John and Mary got home.