Monday, May 27th:
My internal clock went off at 5am and then "snoozed" for every hour after that, checking the clock at 6, then 7, and finally getting up a little after 8. Hannah and I had breakfast together and then I walked over to the house where Bishop's spent the night and we drove to Aqua Tarin, a water park. It is hard to believe that something like this even exists here, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. The guys were already there, and Zander was having the time of his life!
Lisa and Zephie in front of the kids' pool ... lots of fun things to do there!
Team pic! (and yes, we wore yoga pants and long t-shirts into the pool ... there were female guards in the locker rooms to make sure our outfits met the dress code!)
Lisa and I went duo most of the time ... we screamed and laughed until we couldn't breathe!
Zander enjoyed going down his own slides ... very slowly of course!
After the waterpark, we went home and showered, then met up at the park to finish Zander's special day with pizza and ice cream.
Zander's 4!
Hannah and I didn't have any ice cream ... instead we borrowed a car and went out for some girl time! We hit up Burger Queen for blizzards and enjoyed talking about the things God has been teaching us over the past couple years. It is amazing how well we have connected! I thank God for allowing these last two months to be so stress-free, providing comfort and encouragement through my friend and roommate.
Tuesday, May 28th:
This morning we went to Second Cup for coffees and one last team moment with Hannah. Around 12:30, she taxied to a friend's house for lunch and we grabbed lunch at Steak Escape. I think I will miss how much I enjoy the little things because I live here. In America, variety and flavor are everyday fare ... but here it is definitely worth saving up for!
We drove back to Duhok after lunch and arrived close to 3:30pm. I went out to coffee with a friend, then unpacked my bags and got settled back in to the apartment (feeling very much alone without neighbors or a roommate...)