February 16th:
Had a leisurely morning at home. Went to class at 1:45pm. The kids were a little antsy (it is the last period of the day on the last day of the week), but after a few of them had to copy sentences, the rest of the class settled down and we had a good art session.
When I got home, I went to John and Mary’s and watched Henry so they could go to the hospital to visit one of our neighbor boys. (They think he might have leukemia). They got back just in the nick of time - Henry was ready to eat! A little while later, John, Mary and I went down to the market to look for more kitchen storage. We went to place that sold them the original one and bought an identical piece. We also picked up a vacuum. The store owner called up a friend who delivered the kitchen “cabinet” and dropped us off at home. We unloaded everything, and then went out to dinner with Stacy at Sarky’s Pizza. We finished around 7:30pm just in time for game night at Andy and Lisa’s. We didn’t end up playing games, just sat around, ate snacks, and talked until 11pm. It was nice to relax and visit without anywhere to go or anything to get done.
February 17th:
Went to International Fellowship at Andy and Lisa’s. Our group was getting too large to meet all together, so we ended up splitting into two groups. Andy, Lisa, and I all meet in the same group. Enjoyed holding the two babies in our group and was able to get to know more of the ladies.
Walked home and fixed lunch. A friend from the other fellowship group came over and visited with Stacy and me for a little while. She is really sweet and an encouragement to be around. After she left, I was pretty tired and took a quick nap. Spent some time journaling as I am struggling with another deeply-rooted habit in my life. I had a good time in prayer and several Scripture verses came to mind as I confessed my sin to God. I am a little discouraged as I know this will be an issue to be battled repeatedly and must be fought unwaveringly with perseverance. Yet I am encouraged knowing that Christ has already overcome and that the Holy Spirit is making intercession for me before the Father. Thankful to receive emails from family and friends.