March 14th:
Had a fairly quiet day at home. Stacy, Mary and I went to the Dollar Center and then the market. I have a new favorite bread stand across from the market. They sell small loaves of bread some with a cheese and others with a date filling. I tried a new round loaf - it was light and buttery, melted in my mouth!
Went to Andy and Lisa's in the evening for a few more rounds of the Name Game. Each person gets three slips of paper and writes down a person, place and thing, which are placed in a bowl. The bowl is passed around in a circle and each person tried to get their teammates to guess as many of the slips as possible in 30 seconds. In the first round, a player draws a slip of paper and describes the words to their teammates. Once someone guesses correctly, the player can continue describing words until the time runs out. In the second round, the player can only give one word ("um" counts!) And in the third round, each player has to act out the words he/she draws. We had a great time eating ice cream and laughing at each other's silly antics! It was officially decided - brunettes are smarter (or at least better at the Name Game) than blondes!
March 15th:
Slept in until 10am! John, Mary and I went out to the market around lunch time. They bought a few household items and then we showed John the Dollar Center. We ate meat "rollas" near the market for lunch and then walked home. We finished watching Little Dorrit (a Masterpiece TV series based on Dickens' book) and then Mary and I made coconut chicken curry for dinner. The electricity went out (city and generator) so we ended up making most of the meal in the dark! It finally came on in time for us to eat...