Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 12th and 13th: Waiting Silently for God Alone

Tuesday, March 12th:
Today I had thought to get some housework done, but felt convicted to spend time in silence before the Lord. In the end, I can't say that I learned one particular thing, but my hungering and thirsting for the Lord was stimulated. I was able to dwell on His goodness, power, mercy, and love, and thank Him for the tribulations I've been going through as of late.

At 2:30pm, we headed off for Andy's game. Duhok lost, but the team played better and looked more organized on the court.

Little fans:


Team huddle (Andy says half of it is spent in translation, so he has to choose his words wisely):

Team Duhok (white) against Sulymania (red)

View of the city on the way to dinner

After the game we went to dinner at Cali Cafe. Then back to Andy and Lisa's for ice cream.

Wednesday, March 13th:
This morning I was able to Skype with Dad. Mom was out running errands, so she and I only talked briefly at the end. It was encouraging to talk with them and share what God has been teaching me lately. I did my cardio workout, then showered and went out for groceries. I made roasted garlic white bean soup for dinner, so spent most of the day in the kitchen. I also made Dad's Impossible Pie for dessert.

We felt another tremor today ... this time Nelson's felt it too. In the afternoon I took a nap ... even though we are on a break from school, I've been feeling emotionally drained and exhausted. If it weren't for naps, I don't think I could make through an entire day. We had a team meal at Nelson's. Mary made bread bowls to go with the soup, which made it really delicious (and also VERY filling!) By 8pm I was tired and worn out. Went to bed early after spending time in God's Word ... I can't seem to get enough to keep me going and find myself coming back frequently to "refuel."