Today I had an amazing "spa" day thanks to Lisa. She let me come over while they were at fellowship and take a bath! I soaked in the tub, then went outside and soaked in some sun. For the rest of the morning and afternoon, I had some quiet time in their spare bedroom ... candles lit, music playing, thinking things out ... it was a really relaxing and refreshing day.
In the evening, my friend, "Julie" picked me up and we went to the tailor's so I could be fitted for my jilli kurdi (with the material from my student.) I am looking forward to seeing it when it is all done!
When I got home, I Skyped with Jess (and some of the kiddos) :) then went to bed feeling ready for another school week.
Sunday, February 17th:
I had a good morning in all of my classes. The math riddle for the day: What has a face, two hands, but no arms or legs? ... A clock!
6B continues to waste time with their complaining. I'm praying for an opportunity to address it in a way that will be well-received and given in wisdom.
After school I taxied home and spent some time meditating on Romans 12:1. Daily meditation after school is one of my goals to help me stay focused on the present. God blessed my time in His Word and I finished feeling refreshed for the next part of my day. I responded to emails and finished some grading, then Lisa picked up the Mareen girls to go the market. We spent an hour looking, and in the end, Lisa, Mary, and Sarah all found material they liked for new jilli kurdis.
So many choices!
When I got home, I baked potatoes for dinner. It turned out to be a better meal than I'd planned, as I added the works (including b-a-c-o-n bits, which I heaped on the top!) After dinner, I Skyped with all the brothers and Dad. Mom and I fit in a half hour at the end ... definitely not enough time! It was good to see and talk with everyone. This is the longest I've ever gone without them! After our call, I finished grading and wrote the test for sixth grade. Off to bed...