Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 8th and 9th: A Short Weekend


Friday, February 8th:
We had a good time at fellowship this morning looking at Daniel 5. Two reminders I took away: 1. God is dishonored when His holy vessels are defiled. We are to be set apart for Him. 2. God exalts the humble (Daniel who is promoted, then forgotten, promoted again, etc.) and debases the proud. After fellowship I went to my student's house for lunch. I wasn't feeling very well, but God helped the pain subside and I had an enjoyable visit. My student's mother made pizza, which was really good, and then we looked through photo albums and I played games with the two younger siblings. A little after 4, I came home and took a nap. I'm still fighting off headaches and back pain ... trying to stretch it out, but it seems to be getting worse. I spent the rest of the evening reading.

Saturday, February 9th:
Today was a productive day at home. I woke up at 6 so I could do a load of laundry while city power was on and then use my Internet while it is half price (from 5am until 10am). I was able to get a lot done. After that, I did a workout, ate lunch, vacuumed, showered, and then went to the roof for some quiet time. There seems to be a lot to pray through right now, so I am thankful for a quiet place where I can enjoy the sunshine and reflect on God's Word. The city went out at 2pm, which meant the early morning wasn't a waste since I'd gotten so much accomplished while it was on ... in some ways it is normal to lose power in the middle of the day, but I still have to make a conscious effort to plan my events around it. I took a nap and felt more refreshed afterwards, but by the evening my head was hurting again. I cooked up some veggies for dinner (eggplant, fried potatoes, mushrooms and onions), then Skyped with Mom. We hadn't planned on it, but were able to catch each other before I went to bed.